Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Haiku to Mars -- select and vote

     Each of us may now (July 15 - 29) vote for one of the thousands of Haiku submitted to NASA's "Haiku for Mars" contest. Three top vote-getters will be selected for transmission to our red planet. I invite you to vote (at this link) for my entry. My contest Haiku also is shown below; it follows a particular number scheme -- formed from one-syllable words with word-lengths following this pattern: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.

I go for Mars, start
dreams -- flights straight, stretched, streamed, whirled bright.
Round bold red am I.

THANKS for your vote

PS. After casting my own vote, I spent some time at the website browsing through the high vote-getters so far.  Of the Haiku with high votes, I particularly enjoyed this one:     
          I once whispered to
          Mars,"You look HOT!" -- Now you know
          why she is BLUSHING!!!

Two hours later, when I visited the site again, the Haiku was no longer at the top of the standings and an anti-war Haiku had many many votes; here it is:
          It's funny, they named
          Mars after the God of War.
          Have a look at Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment