the mathematician by Margaret Zheng
(5) patterns free-mingling
(7) on the page of the poet
(11) of Number. 'tis the heartbeat of Heaven she
(13) craves to feel -- resonances -- to hear -- harmonies -- to
(17) see -- beauties lost like children in the city swamp of lights
(19) feet kicking the pavement never gazing upwards
in fear their genius would burst
(23) free of the benumbing thuds of concrete and whisk them away
to-wards infinities primal . . .
Thanks, Margaret, for sharing your musical words!