Thursday, December 19, 2019

Where are you from?

A question often asked when meeting someone new is "Where are you from?" -- one of my neighbors, who was born in India and now lives in Maryland, has written a poem that considers many ways one might answer that question.  Today, I have been thinking about it too.  Here are several of my beginning thoughts . . .

     I am from the barn yard, counting chickens
          I am from arithmetic, multiplying
               I am from algebra, solving
                    I am from calculus, integrating
                         I am from poetry, looking for words   . . .

2 comments:

  1. Larry made this comment -- which I accidentally deleted:
    The title reminds me of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crAv5ttax2I
    Thanks, Larry!

    ReplyDelete